Thursday, November 11, 2010

Past Project Friday

Every Friday I will be posting some sort of crafty project that I have completed in the past.  It could be anything from baking, to sewing, needlecrafts, art, decorating, etc.

P1030447

This was my first crafting project after having Phoebe.  And I don't mean that I got home from the hospital and jumped on the sewing machine - I probably went a good three months without making a darn thing.  This book was on my to-do list of things to finish before the baby arrives, but I just got too big and too tired to do much of anything near the end. 

I wish I could take credit for the amazing idea, but I took my inspiration from here.

P1030448

P1030449

It took me about a day to make, in between feedings and naps; but it would have taken me a heck of a lot longer if grandma and grandpa weren't there to fawn all over the baby.

P1030450

P1030451

Phoebe loved looking at this book from a very early age, and still does.  She has certain little things that she likes to point out on all of the different pages - bunnies, ducks, flowers, etc.

P1030452

And hopefully it will jump start her love of fabric :)


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love it so much and what a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful! im gonna have to sort my scraps and see what i can make of something small like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great book, and thanks for showing it, I would love to make one for my nephew (even though I'm sure my own girls would love one too). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing idea!

    love it!! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea! The fabrics and the colours are awesome!

    ReplyDelete