Monday, June 25, 2012

A sugary summer

Whoa there - I can't believe that we're already knee deep in summer here.  Not only am I way behind on my blogging, but I don't think I've even read another blog in the past month!  I can attribute that to a couple of things.... 1) My husband has taken over the computer with a new video game.  Ugh.  2) I'm still super addicted to Instagram (emmmylizzzy), and have been using that as my crafty socializing/networking outlet.  3) I guess I've just been busy actually doing and making- instead of reading/writing/editing/planning/browsing.  That's a good thing, right?

Cakes for a graduation.

The kitchen has definitely been bustling because of graduation season.  Here are a couple of graduation cakes I've been making over the past few weeks....

Buttercream part 2

Buttercream

Texture abounding in buttercream.

3 comments:

  1. Is it Diablo 3, by any chance? That's the one my husband's been addicted to lately. He keeps trying to convince me to play (once upon a time I played world of warcraft with him) but I knew it would be the end of my sewing/quilting time.

    Beautiful cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, These are so amazing!! I am still trying to muster up the courage to try Swiss Meringue Buttercream for the first time and what you create with frosting is just so beautiful!! I love reading your blog and getting to hear what's happening on your end of the Rupchock nation (lol)

    Love you!
    -Madeline

    ReplyDelete